Dr Sibongiseni Thotsejane
What does your company do?
FlavaLite Innovations obsesses about Customers, improves user experience, applies predictive analytics for public and private sectors in the era of the fourth industrial revolution (4IR).
Our intention is to influence development as means for responding to the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and African Union (AU) Agenda 2063 as a basis for business competitiveness. The opportunities for doing so have grown with the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technology. Our qualified, experienced and certified Teams empower individuals, families, households, communities, corporate, governments and nations authentically enabled by trusted technologies in an innovative way. We assist our Customers in increasing profits, productivity while minimising risks and costs, consciously, applying our user-centred (UX) design and design thinking wisdom.
We consist of 8 Experts in: ICT Law, ICT regulation, ICT governance, ICT compliance, ICT Strategy, ICT infrastructure, analytics, application development, artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, business intelligence (BI) cyber security, Internet of Things (IoT), innovation, research, smart cities, smart villages and 4IR technology. Our business model is conscious of leaving a legacy through our corporate social investment (CSI) called LoveOlution.
What is your biggest success?
FlavaLite Innovations’ biggest success include representing at:
• Presidential Commission on the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) Chaired by His Excellency, President Cyril Ramaphosa.
• United Nations (UN) Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Youth Bootcamp for robotics and artificial intelligence (AI), Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 23 February 2020.
• United Nations (UN) Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) High-Level Policy Dialogue on Emerging Technologies and the Fourth Industrial Revolution as Tools for Scaling Up Action; Science, Technology and Innovation Forum. 2020-2030: A Decade to Deliver a Transformed and Prosperous Africa through the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 24 February 2020.
• 2019 GovTech SITA ICT Public ServiceICT Awards: Digital Woman (27 October 2019).
• 2019 GovTech SITA ICT Public Service ICT Awards: Digital Leadership (27 October 2019).
• 2019 South African Women in Science Awards (SAWiSA) Distinguished Young Woman Researcher: Research and Innovation.
• 2019 Mail & Guardian Women Changing South Africa in Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation (STEMI).
• Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Mentor.
Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa (BRICS) Forum Delegation on Smart Manufacturing and partnership on New Industrial Revolution, Nanjing, China.
What has been your biggest hurdle?
FlavaLite Innovations’s biggest hurdle has been entry to market and starting to make profit without any start-up capital coming from the rural Eastern Cape. FlavaLite Innovations created the first end-to-end digital analytics business process model that was tested in 5 different countries, namely: Canada, Finland, United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA) and South Africa. Our first Client who gave us a break in Santam and the Decision Makers at Santam within the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Team gave us a period of 6 month to demonstrate our proof of concept, then offered us a contract of offering Big Data Analytics services. FlavaLite Innovations believes in being part of the solution of addressing unemployment, poverty and inequality in South Africa.