Meet the 2023 Women of the Future
Meet our 2023 Santam Women of the Future winners in association with FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE
Keri Rudolph of The IV Bar was named the 2023 Santam Woman of the Future. With 23 branches and counting in South Africa, The IV Bar offers a range of customised intravenous vitamin drips in a tranquil lounge setting, helping clients look, feel and perform their best. Winning the Woman of the Future Award fuels Keri’s dreams. ‘The credibility that comes with this award is remarkable,’ says Keri. ‘It comforts me to know that my idea is being recognised, and the impact will be tremendous.’
Thembiso Magajana of Social Coding SA was named the 2023 Santam Social Entrepreneur. Social Coding SA, a non-profit digital skills training organisation, recruits, trains and employs young people from rural areas to teach digital literacy and coding at high schools. Thembiso says that winning the Social Entrepreneur Award will provide Social Coding SA with a platform to attract more partners and funders, raise awareness about the urgent need for digital inclusion, and kick-start the for-profit arm of Social Coding SA.
Amanda Sibiya of Branding Africa was named the 2023 Santam Rising Star. Branding Africa is an agency that envisions a prosperous Africa driven by African brands. Its mission is to empower local businesses and entrepreneurs to build robust brands through comprehensive brand development programmes, workshops and strategy consulting services. ‘Winning this award serves as validation and recognition of the agency’s hard work, dedication and expertise, and further strengthens our reputation and credibility within the industry, opening doors to new opportunities and collaborations,’ Amanda says.
The Santam Readers’ Choice Award, voted for by the public, went to Marcia Monareng of Millennial Mindset Media.
This agency aims to uplift young people through an avant-garde approach to digital marketing. It is a 100% black-owned and female-led business that focuses on personalised solutions and close client collaboration. Marcia wins a Golden Circle Mentorship programme from Over the Rainbow worth over R9 500.
Thank you to Santam, our headline partner and Lancôme, our beauty partner
Santam is an authorised financial services provider (FSP 3416), a licensed non-life insurer and controlling company for its group companies.
There are 3 categories:
The Santam Woman of the Future Title
Is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is older than 1000 days and who is on her way to creating an empire.
The Santam Rising Star Title
Is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30 years old and still within her first 1000 days, but whose business, our judges believe, will flourish way beyond then.
The Santam Social Entrepreneur Title
Is awarded to an entrepreneur making a real difference in her community. Aged 30 or older, her business has survived the first 1000 days.
The prizes awarded to the winners
- R100 000 in cash to the Woman of the Future from Santam
- R60 000 in cash each to the Rising Star and the Social Entrepreneur from Santam
- A luxurious beauty hamper worth R10 000 from beauty partner Lancôme
- A full-page advertisement in FAIRLADY or TRUELOVE to promote the Business, Social Enterprise or NPO
- An hour’s invaluable mentorship with one of our judges
- A ‘Strategies for Making and Taking New Markets’ course, worth R11 000, or a ‘Strategic Marketing course’, worth R18 000, from the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
- A Frederique Constant Vitality Ladies Watch valued at R15 495
- Business printing, worth R5 000, from Lithotech
- A Stackd cabin case, worth R4 899 from Samsonite
- Three pairs of Baker sunglasses, worth R5 397, from Execuspecs
- A Fashion and Lifestyle voucher worth R3 000, from Superbalist
- READERS` CHOICE AWARD PRIZE: A Golden Circle Mentorship
Program valued at R9 500 excl. VAT from Over the Rainbow.
A thriving, impactful peer-peer mentoring program that offers a group of five entrepreneurs a confidential, safe space to share challenges and opportunities. You will connect with award-winning business leaders Dawn Nathan-Jones and Lesley Waterkeyn by joining their seven-month Golden Circle mentorship program.